Antibiotic resistance has become a critical health issue on a global scale. In order to address this, an initiative called “Responsibility is the Best Medicine” has been launched.
- Essack S, Pignatari AC. A framework for the non-antibiotic management of upper respiratory tract infections: towards a global change in antibiotic resistance. Int J Clin Pract. 2013;67(180):4–9
- Interagency Coordination Group on Antimicrobial Resistance. No Time To Wait: Securing The Future From Drug-Resistant Infections. Report to the Secretary-General of the United Nations. April 2019. Available at https://www.who.int/antimicrobial-resistance/interagency-coordination-group/IACG_final_report_EN.pdf?ua=1 Last accessed 4 November 2019
- Strepsils Original approved package insert. Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Ltd. December 1991
- Strepsils Intensive approved package insert. Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Ltd. April 2003
- Piltcher OB, Kosugi EM, Sakano E, Mion O, Testa JRG, Romano FR, et al. How to avoid the inappropriate use of antibiotics in upper respiratory tract infections? A position statement from an expert panel. J Otorhinolaryngol.2018;84(3):265-279
- Worrall GJ. Acute sore throat. Can Fam Physician. 2007;53(11): 1961–1962